Charlotte is 4 Months!


When did 4 months go by!?!?! This is just madness!


Charlotte you are more precious than ever - this month has been full of joy as you are in full "Baby" mode. You "coo" to us all day long, you smile anytime you make eye contact with us, you are grabbing at toys and putting everything in your mouth. You love to stand up, you love to bounce on our knee, and you LOVE to be outside. You and your brother are going to be the best of friends.


This month was a crazy one. We moved out of our house and in with your Grammy and Pa.

During the move you pretty much slept in your swing the whole time, you made it SO easy on us. 

Two days after the move you started showing severe signs of MPI so we made the switch to formula. It was the hardest decision I have had to make in your short life. I decided I would try to see if I could still nurse you some because I was not ready to give it up. Almost one month in and you are doing great with just nursing at night and taking formula during the day. Although I often forget bottles when we head out the door so sometimes you get a bonus nursing session while we are out and about. You are still a great nurser and don't seem to be bothered by it one bit.


You found your thumb this month which was bittersweet for me. It's SO cute watching you suck your thumb - but I pray it's a short chapter so that you don't have to spend your teen years in braces. 



You wrapped up your first season - SUMMER - and officially entered FALL. You look so adorable in tights I can barely stand it.

We went out to Coupeville to see your cousins Brookelyn and Levi


And your Daddy received approval from his boss to move is job out to Oak Harbor so that we can move to Coupeville! You and your brother will love growing up there. We spent your entire 4th month at Pa and Grammy's house and will be moving to Coupeville this weekend! 


You are working yourself into a pretty nice schedule which is wonderful for your mom. You nap 3 times a day and wake 2 times at night to eat. You usually go to bed between 8 and 9 and wake up at 7:30 every morning. Your "awake" times are becoming much more active - you love to roll around the room and you can do a little bit of an army crawl pushing yourself forward with your legs. Although mostly you just spin your body in circles on your tummy. You also can sit up in your exersaucer and play but your brother is usually very close by making you smile and laugh while he clobbers you with kisses.


My fetish for all things "GIRLY" is growing by the day. You have been given SO many adorable clothes and shoes that I don't even get to shop for you, so I've taken to making you head bands and clips with bows and flowers. I shop for hats and tights because that's about the only thing missing from your wardrobe. Our dear friend Jessica made you this adorable hat with tiny slits in it so Mommy can swap out flowers and bows to match your outfit. 
You are my little dress up dolly!


You had your 4 month checkup and the Doctor said she couldn't believe how "engaged" you were. You just love people, like your brother, and people just love you. You are always the star of the show at church or the grocery store or wherever else we take you. (Although you HATE car rides so we aren't taking you many places these days). You weighed in at 14lbs 2oz (in the 65th percentile) and measured at just over 24 inches (50th percentile). You are already in 6-9 month clothes and have the most adorable wardrobe!! Except that your feet won't grow so I can't put you in any of your cute shoes yet.

 The best thing that happened this month was: Living with Pa and Grammy
The funniest thing that happened this month was: Hearing you laugh for the first time. I think I laughed so hard I cried. It was the best sound I have heard from you. 
The worst thing that happened this month was: giving you formula (although you handled it way better than I did) and your 2nd round of shots - they didn't go near as well as your 1st. 


I never even imagined how desperately I needed a little girl. The amazing thing about Jesus is that he knows us better than we know ourselves. He planned you just for me. I am so beyond smitten for you Charlie Rose. You are absolutely BEAUTIFUL and HAPPY and SQUISHY and SOCIAL and PERFECT.


Comments