ONcE UPON A TIME...

ONcE UPON A TIME.....

This little princess turned ONE


Boy oh boy did we celebrate
I had way too much fun planning my daughter's 1st Princess Party
I seriously contemplated leaving our house in full castle mode because of how much fun I had with this party. (Okay, and partially because after two birthday parties back to back I was seriously done cleaning up)
We had amazing weather and so much family come out to celebrate with our little girl. 

So here you go.... Charlotte's 1st Birthday - Princess Style




 Seriously, this dress... I know. It was the highlight of the party. Don't mind that it was only on her for the first 20 minutes before we headed outside for water games. It was totally worth buying the dress for those 20 amazing minutes. (And also the fact that Grammy's don't mind buying special occasion dresses)

 I was bummed we didn't get any awesome pictures of the outdoor decorations but those cute double sided frames were a sweet Ikea find - we had each "month" picture on one side and her stats and some favorite memories from that month printed on the back. 

 Let's not talk about that cake... it was a total fail. I honestly think my husband felt so sorry for me that he will totally allow me to hire someone for the cake next year. There is a good reason I am not posting any "close up" pictures of it.
 Have you ever read Brave Charlotte? It was totally written about my daughter. We discovered it a few months ago and it is our new favorite bedtime book. Zachary picks it EVERY night for bedtime reading. So that was the book our guests signed for Charlotte's special 1st birthday memory.
Thank you Jesus for Burger King crowns and glitter spray paint. These Prince's and Princess's look awesome!! They got wands and jewelry too. And on a side-note, you'd NEVER know these 3 are cousins, right?? Hello overwhelming Mouw Genes.

 I made the mistake of assuming my 1-year old would be entirely un-interested in opening presents so I let all the other kids open her presents... then I turn around and there she is, tearing paper out of a gift bag and pulling out presents. Sorry Miss.  All the other kids had a blast though.
And here is your new kitchen. I can't wait for you to start cooking with Mommy.

Yes, that is the two Grandma's giving Charlotte a bath after her cake... Oh man was that hilarious. I'm not sure who was messier, them or you. PS You LOVED your cake


So there you go, happy 1st birthday sweetest girl.
We love you PRINCESS CHARLOTTE

Comments