36 Weeks!


What is your due date?
June 29th, 2013
How far along are you?
36 and a half weeks
What is the Gender of your baby?
Still a surprise! I'm DYING to find out.
What are you going to name your baby?
We are still very confident in our girl name and still spend every single day talking about boy names. We are no where close to making a decision on a boy name.
Best Moment this week?
Spending all of Sunday shopping for baby stuff with my husband. We left Zachary with his Grammy and did all of our major running around so that we could get prepared for baby! I loved the alone time with my husband and the chance to focus on baby without the distraction of a toddler!
What scripture is speaking to you this week?
"But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me" 2 Corinthians 12:9
As labor approaches and I'm caught up in the fear of the unknown, I rest in his grace and power. I trust Him and know that He will carry me through the entire experience.
Baby's growth?
Baby is the size of a Watermelon - yikes! That's a big baby! It's just about full size and every baby is different at this point but the average is around 6 and a half pounds and 19 inches long. 
Symptoms?
The waddle. Everyone comments on the waddle.
And my back, I'm starting to feel some discomfort in my back so I'm headed towards a massage and chiropractor visit hopefully this week.
Besides that - I feel awesome! I think everyone else is getting more anxious than I am for this baby to come. I'm still happy with being pregnant.
Medical Stuff?
At my last apponitment everything was pretty standard - good heartbeat and measuring right on track. My appointments are every Thursday until birth-day and nothing major (hopefully) should happen before then.
Weight gain (or loss)?
26 pounds - this baby better come out soon, I can't keep holding these pounds away... they are trying to attack me!
Cravings?
My husband hit the jackpot with me - still no cravings. I am pretty content to eat 3 meals a day with a snack in the afternoon and don't really have any special requests. Although I did get treated to a Red Mango smoothie last weekend which is pretty much my favorite thing EVER even outside of being pregnant. Now I'm really thankful we don't live near a Red Mango because I'd have a daily $7 smoothie allowance that I'd have to find room for in our budget.
Food Aversions?
Still none. And not a single ounce of heartburn - praise God! 
What Made Me Cry This Week?
My co-workers surprised me with a ton of money to use towards treating myself to something nice before baby is here. They said I'm not allowed to use it on baby, just myself. I was astonished and humbled. 
I also cried because my little man turned 2. Time is just moving too fast.
And then again while I was working on my birth plan. It sounds so beautiful when you put your wishes on paper.... not so beautiful when you're going through it.
Sleep?
I'm at the point where I have to wake up to switch sides every 30-40 minutes. My belly is too heavy to turn over without sitting up. I'm still not waking up to use the bathroom much which I'm thankful for!
Maternity Clothes?
Maternity clothes are just about too small now - I am rotating my outfits as best as I can at this point but it's getting pretty old!
Stretch Marks?
Still none - fingers crossed!
Movement?
Baby is in my ribs a lot which I never had with Zachary. I think Zachary sat much lower than this baby so I'm feeling a little more uncomfortable when baby tries to move drastically. And I still feel baby hiccups just about every day.
What I miss....
Zachary fitting comfortably on my lap and having a full wardrobe of clothes to choose from. But I wouldn't trade either of those things for this child - I just love that there is life inside my body.
What I'm looking forward to....
Finding out if we have a son or a daughter!
Labor Signs?
Just lots of Braxton Hicks and all of my co-workers telling me I'm dropping on a daily basis.
Thoughts from the family....
My best friend Amy (who happens to be my husband's cousin) is due on June 17th which means her baby will come ANY day now. I am ecstatic for her and secretly hoping we miraculously have our babies on the same day. The Mouws are all hoping I hold out until July 4th before baby comes and the Kitcheners are all ready for me to go any day. It's getting very close and we're all anxious!
Something I'm Excited About....
Getting everything prepared this weekend so that we're ready when baby comes. I'm excited for Zachary to be a big brother and I'm excited to meet my child. It's going to be an exciting month!!
Pregnancy related books you are reading....
Reading a book called Your Pregnancy and Birth - just refreshing myself on what to expect and getting mentally prepared. 
Any other thoughts?
I can't believe how fast time has gone and how much I have left to do. So many things I want to make happen and time is closing in on me. I am counting the days until I'm done working (still don't know what my last day is) but I'm so ready to be home with my kids. I desperately miss being home. I'll be 37 weeks in 3 days which means I'll be considered full-term. Basically I can go into labor any time after Saturday and that is just phenomenal to think about. Ready or not - here this baby comes! (Hopefully this won't be my last pregnancy post but either way you'll be updated once baby arrives on all the exciting details) 


 

Comments