31 Weeks!



What is your due date?
June 29th, 2013
How far along are you?
31 Weeks
What is the Gender of your baby?
Still no idea - only one person so far thinks we're having a boy and everyone else that's made a guess thinks it's going to be a girl. I have no clue except that now I'm starting to expect it to be a girl since everyone else thinks so.
What are you going to name your baby?
We have completely settled on a girl name, but are still at the drawing board for a boy name. Suggestions welcome!!!
Best Moment this week?
Feeling baby hiccups for the first time early in the week, great appointment with my Midwife later in the week, and spending the weekend in Coupeville with family.
What scripture is speaking to you this week? 
"I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him. So now I give him to the Lord. For his whole life he will be given over to the Lord". 1 Samuel 1:27-28
I want to be the type of mom that make my children love to love Jesus. I want them to know that they are completely His... Because they are.
Baby's growth? 
He/She is about 19 inches long and weighs almost 4 pounds. Baby and I are both growing at a rate I can hardly keep up with!
Symptoms?
I am heavy and full these days. I no longer think I have a basketball strapped to my belly - I have a kettle ball strapped to my belly. Moving up and down is hard. This week we finally said goodbye to the big hill we hiked up every week of my pregnancy - I did it last Monday and my sides and stomach were sore for a couple days. My ligaments can barely support the weight on my stomach so we'll stick to low-grade hills from here on out. 
Medical Stuff?
Everything is going great. At my appointment on Thursday I found out that my stomach grew 4 cm in 3 weeks and that baby is already in position for birth. My Midwife said it won't flip at this point so we're now just waiting for baby to finish growing. 
Weight gain (or loss)?
I've gained 19 pounds so far - My Midwife is thrilled so I try not to think too hard about it. I literally have gained less than half the weight I gained with Zachary at this point in my pregnancy which makes me feel really good about where I'm at... although it's never easy to watch the scale head in the "up" direction. 
Cravings?
I still eat fruit all day every day but don't really have any specific cravings. I'm at a point where I feel like it's impossible to get full and everything sounds good all of the time. I'm thankful I don't have any crazy greasy awful cravings.
Food Aversions?
Not one.
What Made Me Cry This Week?
A friend having a miscarriage - my heart desperately broke for her. I have no words, just tears.
Sleep? 
Sleep is still going great! I got my pregnancy pillow back a couple weeks ago and it's made it hard for me to even get out of bed in the morning. I love it!!
Maternity Clothes?
Maternity clothes are the new black. 
Stretch Marks?
Still none - fingers crossed!
Movement?
Bigger and stronger every day - just like Little Foot. I now get to enjoy a daily dose of baby hiccups in my belly.
What I miss....
Energy! It's lacking these days. But other than that - I still love being pregnant!
What I'm looking forward to....
My arms are aching to hold my new baby. I can't wait to meet you precious one!!
Labor Signs?
Non-stop Braxton Hicks. Somedays seems like they just keep on coming and other days I don't notice as much. It's nothing close to a Labor Sign but a healthy practice for labor at 31 weeks. 
Thoughts from the family....
Time is flying! We're all excited for summer to get here and for baby to come. You are already so loved Little Foot!
Something I'm Excited About.... 
May! We are SO booked up for the month of May with birthday parties and family time that it is going to FLY by! I am really excited for all the fun things we have planned up until baby gets here.
Pregnancy related books you are reading.... 
None.... any good recommendations out there? 
Any other thoughts?
Life is beautiful. Pregnancy is a miracle. We all are gifts from God. As crazy and stressful as life is - I'm overwhelmed with Peace and Joy when I stop to think about this process. 


Comments