Monday With Mommy.... and Grammy

It's officially Tulip Festival Season in Skagit County! I haven't been to the Tulip Festival since I was a little girl (and have a fond memory of meeting Penny LeGate , the News Anchor, thinking I'd just met a famous person... for the first time in my young life I couldn't wait to get home to watch The News!).

So when my mom asked if Zachary and I wanted to go to Tulip Town I was thrilled to book it for this week's Monday Adventure!


For some completely unknown reason Zachary has been INSANELY happy the last 4 days. Probably beyond anything we've ever experienced. It started on Thursday and just hasn't stopped. He didn't fuss a single time on Sunday which, I must say, is a first for us. He is all smiles, giggles, and play! He's slept great, he's eaten great, he doesn't demand to be held by me for the majority of our day, he goes straight down for naps and wakes up happy... these are all things that are pretty foreign to use for the most part.

He didn't do as great on our Monday Adventure but still held out pretty well. We had a blast just walking around, looking at windmills (getting a little taste of his Dutch heritage) and grabbing at flowers. The flowers weren't blooming and the day was windy and cold but it didn't bother us one bit.

*You can click on any picture to make it larger and scroll through all of the pictures easier*


We couldn't even get him to turn around
for a picture, he was SO fascinated with the windmill









Mr. Independent no longer likes to
be carried










After seeing all the pretty flowers my mom and I got inspired to do some gardening so we headed to Home Depot to pick up some flowers for our garden. Because it has been pouring rain the last couple days we haven't had a chance to plant them yet, but I'm anxious to add some color to the front of our house!


And then, as usual, a wonderful evening with our special girl, Chloe! Every week the kids are more interested in each other. They always make us laugh. This week Zachary made Chloe upset and she sat down and crossed her arms. She's full of attitude and personality. I adore her! Then she crawled into her car seat and Zachary took that as the perfect opportunity to wrestle her. 

















I'm going to be posting a follow up blog regarding Zachary's recent tummy update, but wanted the focus of this post to be about the joy we are experiencing with him besides all of that!

"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!" Philippians 4:4

Comments