Love Beyond Words (12/13/11)

About four years ago I was in the middle of ending a long, horrible relationship with the wrong person. To this very day I remember how awful it feels to have your heart broken. I’ll never forget thinking “I don’t ever want to date anyone else because I never want to risk going through this pain again”. I repeatedly asked God to let me “skip” the next 5 years of my life. I wanted to close my eyes, fast-forward 5 years, wake up, be married with a family and skip everything in between.
Getting your heart broken is painful.
But, almost a year following that break-up, I met a young man named Nathaniel. And today, here I sit, married to him. I get to wake up every morning to this amazing husband and my beautiful family. The one I dreamed of years ago. I’m so thankful God didn’t let me “fast-forward” through the last 3 years of my life. (Although it does feel like it was fast-forwarded sometimes) I can’t believe what I would have missed. Our journey together has been the best part of my entire life. I’m also glad I went through that awful break-up, for it has given me an unfathomable appreciation for who my husband is and the love that we share.
On December 13th, 2008, (three years ago TODAY) Nathaniel and I had our very first date – cutting down my Christmas Tree together:
The fact that this moment was captured on camera is purely amazing. It’s exciting to look back and think about how our story began.
Today, December 13th, 2011, our story is quite a bit different:
Thank you Jesus for my husband. For his love, his passion, his commitment, and his leadership in our family. He is an answer to prayer and I love him beyond words.

Comments